World NGO Day intention is to inspire people to become more actively involved within NGO sector and encourage a greater symbiosis between NGOs and both the public and private sector. The universal concept of the World NGO Day is Celebrate, Commemorate and Collaborate – the various NGOs around the world, and the people behind them that contribute to society all year around.
World NGO Day is for everyone, celebrating Non-Governmental Organisations (e.g. CSO, NPO, Charities) and the important endowment to society of the various people behind each one of them.
Celebrate & Collaborate
- A day for NGOs around the globe to share knowledge and experiences with one another.
- An opportunity for education, enabling individuals worldwide to understand more clearly what NGOs are doing for society locally, nationally and internationally.
- An international symbol that displays the efforts and achievements of all NGOs from all sectors.
- An opportunity to inspire people to consider a career within the third sector.
- An opportunity for individuals to learn more about the people behind NGOs.
- An opportunity for NGOs to discuss the issues that affect their work, and form partnerships that can resolve mutual problem.
World NGO Day provides an opportunity to honour and remember NGO founders, employees, volunteers, members and supporters. There are vast numbers of individuals who have devoted themselves to the work of NGOs in many forms, from those who offer a few hours of their time to those who have sacrificed their lives for a cause they believe in.
World NGO Day official hashtags are:
#WorldNGODay, #YourNGODay and #NGODay.
[Your World NGO Day Logo]
Rules to Remember!
- The World NGO Day logo has been carefully designed and should never be altered in any way.
- Do not crowd the logo – There must be a protected area surrounding the logo. This ensures that no other graphic elements interfere with the clarity and integrity of the “World NGO Day” letters.
- Do not misuse the logo;
- Do not “edit” the logo;
- Don’t modify the logo;
- Don’t change the logo colour;
- Do not change it in any way.